Friday, April 4, 2014

Slow Down Therapy: {2)

"Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, its OKAY to tell them they're pushing."

     Sometimes out of a desire to avoid hurting others feelings we go into explanations as to why we can't get together. When did we begin believing that we are supposed to meet everyone's needs for connection? That's a rather tall order to fill. I watch people do this at the coffee shop, hear them on the phone, and catch myself with an explanation rolling right off my tongue before I can stop myself.

     What are some responses that you use, when someone is pressuring you to do something (i.e. hang out, go to a movie, come over for dinner (Mothers!) and you really just feel like doing something else? 

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with this. I feel as though I must have a really good reason to say no to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like that too. And THEN I discovered that saying No to others is the easiest and simplest was to determine whether someone respects you or not.

    ReplyDelete